Career opportunities in Conservation & Ecotourism Marketing
As a conservation and adventure tourism marketing intern you will be helping a fledgling eco camp to establish itself in the most amazing and biodiverse regions in Malaysia. Belum – Temenggor has the highest tropical rainforest biodiversity in Peninsular Malaysia. However NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT US. There are only us and another resort plus house boats in the region and we need YOU to help us get the word out!
We run conservation treks regularly and find and dismantle snares plus record wildlife data. Our tourists are helping to fight the battle against poaching and the illegal wildlife trade.
You will be based half at the camp and half in the office in Ipoh.
- In the first 1 week develop a marketing plan for BAC for the relevant market segments – families, agents, young couples and backpackers.
- Implement the plan.
- Develop the plan so as to develop further internship roles to continue marketing
Continual improvement to the website
- Developing and improving the BAC website is an important part of the role.
- Promote the videos efficiently on the website
- Develop content – written and video which is to be displayed on strategic websites and social media – backpackers, travel blogs, agents
- Develop new Powerpoint PDF’s for Roots to give to interested parties
- Develop banners for Roots to cross promote at each of our locations.
- Create a list of agents and DMC’s to contact .
- Contact the DMCs and agents to promote BAC to them.
- Manage the agent relationship
- Develop a marketing manual for BAC, including all management plans, password, client list, good websites to promote on, etc this is so the next intern can continue using the same manual.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of organization and ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of tourism marketing and industry
- Responsible tourism at your heart.
- Friendly and fun nature
- A desire to meet new people and help them to develop their careers in conservation, ecotourism and community development.
- Interest in social and environmental issues.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office.
- A flexible and adaptive approach.
- Free mixed dorm accommodation whilst at Project sites.
- Able to use the communal staff food at each project base..
- 1 day off per week and a block of 4 days off per month during the project season (February to November).
- All work related expenses (NOT TRAVEL TO OR FROM MALAYSIA)
- Free Wifi internet
- Written reference letter upon completion of internship
Start and End Dates
All year – ongoing
We prefer longer durations and if you stay for the whole season we can offer an allowance after probation.
How to apply
Please submit your cv and cover letter to Adventure@fuze-ecoteer.com
ONGOING – PLEASE APPLY NOW!